• Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Cod, cream puffs, and confessions

    What a menu, eh?

    Tanya Wenman Steel, editor of Epicurious.com crafted the combo. She writes Epi-log, the last word in food blogs. In her Friday post she coined a new term for favorite blogs: flogs she calls them.

    I am thrilled to find Cream Puffs in Venice; their chocolate pecan spread looks like it might be a suitable substitute for my beloved Nutella. To anyone who thinks God is fair, I give a simple three-part rebuttal: (1) War & pestilence, (2) hurricanes that destroy jewels like New Orleans, and (3) my sudden, inexplicable allergy to hazelnuts. Case closed.

    But back to flogging. Flog me with a wet noodle -- guess whose humble little corner of the blogosphere she says is like “checking in with a good friend”? Right here, at The Leather District Gourmet!

    The Gurgling Cod notes that "flogging will continue until morale improves", but if it means getting cited by one of my favorite bloggers, you can stop now - I'm happy. I also love the Cod's Bi Bim Bap post! (Obscure Boston Omni Theatre reference here: I can hear Leonard Nimoy’s voiceover “Who put the bop…”)

    My “Confessions” piece caught the editor's eye. Check out Epicurious.com if you haven’t already. Many wonderful and useful tools, recipes, etc. Check out the The Gurgling Cod and Cream Puffs in Venice and learn about my DiningIn Relapse. Sorry, Tanya!

    Cod, Cream puffs and Confessions – sit back and enjoy the flog!
    AddThis Social Bookmark Button

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Peter @ Enviroman said...

    "To anyone who thinks God is fair, I give a simple three-part rebuttal: (1) War & pestilence, (2) hurricanes that destroy jewewls like New Orleans, and (3) my sudden, inexplicable allergy to hazelnuts."

    Add to this list, God has not distributed talent fairly, others can cook while I couldn't.

    Blogger Tips and Tricks

    8:06 PM  
    Blogger JacquelineC said...

    Peter: everyone can cook. Stay tuned, I'm posting soon on the topic...

    3:26 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home