• Thursday, November 29, 2007

    Eat a Cookie - Save the Ocean

    I am so excited to tell you about a terrific gift idea. You know how I love the ocean, our fishy friends, penguins, sustainable seafood...did you know I once taught a half dozen kids under the age of 8 to bake bread? The best was when one girl asked me on her way out the door..."what's this called again? I want to remember so I can ask Mommy to buy it..." It was whole wheat bread. No lie.

    So if you know any kids (even really big ones like me!) who might like to bake cookies, here's a great idea from our friends at Oceana in collaboration with CakeLove.

    You know CakeLove, don't you? A fellow refugee from the law, Warren Brown's success story should be required reading for every pre-law student out there. "Do you really love law? Really? As much as you love fill-in-the-blank. Ask yourself what you want to be doing 80 hours a week for the next long while." For Warren, it was baking.

    (How cute is he?) Well, we're all luckier for Warren's love of cake and his courage to follow that love to where he is today. Our friends at Oceana and all the others they protect are lucky, too.



    Go Ahead Dive in and Eat a Cookie and Save the Oceans. I know a little niece who loves cooking with her "Mo-Mo" ...this might be on our holiday agenda..

    Find out more by going to either CakeLove or Oceana.
    AddThis Social Bookmark Button

    2 Comments:

    Blogger JANET said...

    Interesting cookies and really too pretty to eat!
    BTW, did you see the article about new trends in restaurant foods? Sustainable seafood is in!

    12:05 AM  
    Blogger JacquelineC said...

    I know, I keep seeing it all over. Is there one in particular you liked? Have you taken a look at Andrew's wine pairings?

    11:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home