• Monday, October 30, 2006

    Oyster etiquette unveiled

    I recently wrote about my adored bivalves, in You Say Oyster. I've learned about new varieties and shared my newly acquired knowledge of the whole spawning issue. (ick) Still, a niggling little question remained...what is a polite diner to do when one has slurped an off-oyster into one's mouth? Thank you Epicurious for coming to the rescue once again. Apparently, we are allowed to discretely remove it from our mouth.

    See Epi's oyster_primer for more. And the Island Creeks mentioned are the very same I tried at G23...from Duxbury. Yummy, yummy.
    AddThis Social Bookmark Button

    1 Comments:

    Blogger JacquelineC said...

    Thanks Salty- Yes, we were just this evening talking about how more research is needed. Did you see the Gourmet show, Diary of a Foodie where they go to Pacific Northwest and show them seeding oysters? MMMM. These two guys, oystermen, gather, shuck and slurp with some crisp white wine, while one of them remembers Julia Child's ravenous capacity for the bivalves. That's my girl!

    2:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home