• Thursday, October 18, 2007

    It's Halloween - Time for Scary Movies and Ghost Stories

    You heard the one about the turn of the century mass murdering family restauranteurs, right? No?

    Talk about going 'round the bend. I saw a link to this site one night, bookmarked it and forgot about it...I just stumbled over it like a body in the basement.

    This script was apparently real. A family restaurant where, a la Hotel California, people stopped in, but never left. Maybe they were really bad tippers.

    Check this interesting site
    if for no other reason than to have a fun little mass murder tidbit to share at your next cocktail hour. What, you don't talk about heinous and gory crimes over drinks? Interesting...

    Here's a Halloween snack you can prepare for the occasion: kicked up caramel corn.

    Favorite scary movies?
    Saw; those zombie ones (28 Days, Shaun of the Dead); Oh, Remember Paper House? I usually scream and punch whoever is next to me, by the way. You have been warned.

    Labels: ,

    AddThis Social Bookmark Button

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting history you posted. The Bloody Benders. A family that kills together runs away and disappears together;)

    3:12 PM  
    Blogger M said...

    omg you do that too??! I always punch my viewing buddy. Or I tap them repeatedly like, "look look I know you're looking but look!"

    9:25 AM  
    Blogger JacquelineC said...

    Lydia: Someone said puts a new spin on "going on a Bender" - wonder if that's where it comes from?

    Marisa: I even scream involuntarily. Last movie we saw was Kingdom (not really a "scary" movie, but tense) and I guess I was up to my unconscious antics. When the lights came up, a couple three rows behind us stand up. The guy looks right at me and says "Are you OK?!" embarrassing...

    11:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home